*Job descriptions subjects to change*
Field Marshal Responsibilities
This year, each field marshal will be marshaling one or two fields simultaneously.
1. Arrive at assigned field(s) 20 minutes before game time.
(the start time of your volunteer slot is 30 minutes before game time; this gives you 10 minutes to check in at the field marshal/registration table and then time to get to your assigned field.)
2. Check in teams: Have the team (one team at a time) line up, call out each player from their player passes and have them step forward, making sure the player matches the player in the photo. In addition, make sure the players are wearing shin guards, but no jewelry (earrings, necklaces, rings, body-piercing jewelry). Make sure the referees check the players' cleats. Please hold each team’s player passes until game is complete. Return all player passes at the completion of the game. If a player receives a red card, you will keep only that player’s pass and turn it in with the scorecard. Ensure ref has recorded red card on score sheet. (You will need to snip the zip tie and then re-bind it with a new zip tie after you retrieve the player pass in question. Call for help if you need scissors.)
3. Position yourself between teams in referee box and watch game, assisting referees and coaches as needed. If additional assistance is necessary, the field marshal needs to contact the referee table or a SESA board member (phone numbers will be provided).
4. Assist in retrieving ice and other medical assistance from the trainers as necessary for on field injuries.
5. After game: Return player cards (see above note regarding red cards). Make sure teams and fans pick up trash and place in receptacles. Try to leave the field cleaner than when you came. Please pick up any remaining items.
6. Score card: Take the scorecard from the referee and immediately return it to the referee table. Make sure the card has the team names (legible), score, field number, game time, signatures or initials from coaches, names of officials, and notations of any red cards.